L's Lair

Friday, August 11, 2006

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW


CORINNE BAILEY RAE
I love this girl. SO talented. She's a young singer & songwriter from England. It's a great, laid back CD. Her voice has the soul of Billie Holiday. Beautiful. Perfect for summer.


GNARLS BARKLEY
These two guys crack me up. I'm not exactly sure what to think about them. It's obvious that they take great pride in being bizarre. I don't really know how to classify their music...it's in a genre all its own! I've played this CD a lot lately -- is particularly good in the background. Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse (hmmm, I'm thinkin' those probably aren't the names their mamas gave them!) are brilliant. Quirky, but brilliant. There's something kind of retro about their music.

I love the fact that they'll only have publicity shots taken as famous duos in history. Clever. ;-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home