L's Lair

Thursday, July 27, 2006

WHAT I'M READING/LISTENING TO THESE DAYS


AY, CUBA!
by Andrei Codrescu

(I actually do find it kinda ironic that it's a book about Cuba written by a man from Romania!)
Not sure why, but I've always had a fascination with Cuba. LOVES me some Hemingway and mojitos! ;-)




INSTANCES OF THE NUMBER 3
by Salley Vickers

Must admit, I have no clue what this one's about. Just started it. Seems to be the kinda summer romance novel that you'd enjoy on the beach, while on vacation. Sigh. Well, since I'm not actually ONNNNN the beach, I may stick my feet in a bucket of salt water, turn on my sound machine and try to imagine I'm in the tropics. It's not a Harlequin and it doesn't have a pic of Fabio on the cover...still looks like a guilty pleasure, none the less.



CATCHING TALES
by Jamie Cullum


Adore this guy! Saw him in concert in ATL a couple of weeks ago & he blew us away! He's an energetic, young (26 years old!) guy from Britain. He plays jazz and standards with a modern, hip hop flavor. Very talented. His music energizes me and soothes me at the same time. (Okay, the real reason I like him? I'm pretty sure that he's one of the few adults in the world that I'm actually taller than.) ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home