L's Lair

Monday, November 20, 2006

WHAT I'M READING AND LISTENING TO

Jesus in The Margins:
Finding God in the Places We Ignore
by Rick McKinley

I ordered this book last year but only picked it up recently. I really enjoyed it--was an easy read. The book explores the fact that when Jesus came to earth, he purposefully landed "in the margins" because that's where the outcasts were...that's where broken lives were mended.

Rick McKinley is a cool guy. He's pastor of a very cool church in Portland, OR (Imago Dei). I hope to visit someday!



Once Again
by John Legend

My favorite current R&B singer,by far! Mmmmm.Mmmmm.MMMMMM! In a word...smooth. Very soulful CD.

1 Comments:

  • OK. I've been thinking about getting the John Legend CD, but with you recommending it, I have no choice now. I saw Corinne Bailey Ray (sp?) on "Studio 60" the other day. Thanks to you, I could say, "Oh, I love her CD."
    Toni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home