L's Lair

Thursday, November 02, 2006

"IT'S THE MOOOOOOOST WONDERFUL TIIIIME OF THE YEAR!"


Okay, now that we've gotten through the Luciferian Festival of Death (a.k.a. Halloween!) let's move on to something more important. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Halloween. As a child I LOVED it. It was always a great excuse to wear waaaaay too much make-up and jewelry and call myself a gypsy. And the cool bandana. Gotta have the headwear.

As I've gotten older, I've really, really, reeeeeaaalllly grown to like Thanksgiving. It provides a lot of the warm fuzzies of Christmas...only with a lot less stress.

Fall is by far my favorite season. The weather. The sights. The sounds. The smells. The anticipation. I love it!!!!

I've even learned to cook a fairly decent Thanksgiving feast. Okay, I must give credit. David and I have learned to cook it together. (We're a GREAT team in the kitchen.) Okay. Okay. Get off my back. I also cheat a little by pre-ordering a few of my sides from Wade's Restaurant. But still, it ends up in MY Correlware. That's gotta count for something, right?

I like pumpkins on the front porch. (Pumpkins...not jack-o-lanterns. Pumpkins don't sneer at you. I find that comforting.) I adore the smell of burning leaves. I like sweaters, boots and corduroys. A fire in a wood-burning fireplace makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb.

Have I mentioned that I like Fall and Thanksgiving? ;-)

Today, as I drove home for lunch, I took a moment to soak up my sweet little neighborhood. The trees are gorgeous. They've created a canopy that says "welcome" every time we drive home. Nice.

Thought I'd share my pics from lunch . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home