L's Lair

Saturday, September 23, 2006

SNAKES, SNAILS AND PUPPY DOG TAILS...OH YEAH, AND DEODORIZER

I'm an island.

It's true. I live in a house full of guys. A husband, two teenage boys, a rambunctious male dog...then there's me. Most times I don't mind. Face it, the set-up often lends itself to ME getting to play the princess card. ;-)

I've never been referred to as a tomboy. Ever. I have been called a "guys' girl" before. (Not sure, but I think this just means that I try not to make it a habit of bashing the male species. Well, that and the fact that I don't back down to men very often. Oh, and football. Gotta have my football.)

Aaaaaanyway, David and the boys left for an overnight camping trip this morning. They plan on spending the day boating, then they'll scratch themselves and burp while staring pensively into a campfire sometime later tonight. (Um, you can probably see why I begged off at this point.) I imagine that all of the world's problems will be solved by midnight. When those three get together, you can always count on "smack talk" happening. There'll be much laughter.

Did I mention that the forecast calls for rain today and tonight?

They didn't care. This is their chance to bond. With each other. With nature. They all agreed that the rain will only add to the ambiance. Whatever.

I helped David gather EVERYTHING they needed for their ONE night of roughin' it. Was quite a pile of necessities by the door this morning. He was amused at me as I asked uninformed "girl" questions while attempting to help him leave.

ME: So, do guys take toothbrushes on camping trips?
DAVID: No. We'll be fine. It's just one night.

ME: Do you want plates?
DAVID: No. We'll just eat out of the wrappers. Like real men.

ME: I've gathered up some beach towels. I hope they're enough. Do you want to take my Hello Kitty towel too?
DAVID: Uhhhh, yeah, you can leave that one out of the pile.

ME: Do you want to take pillows?
DAVID: *exasperated sigh* I guess.

So, I lovingly gathered up pillows. What he doesn't know is that I sprayed them each with Febreze before packing them. ;-)

I mean...what are we...savages?


*********************************************************************

SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE

I text messaged David first thing this morning to see if they slept well. His text reply is below:
Day 12. No food in over a week. The voices say to eat the others but still I am hesitant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home