L's Lair

Friday, August 25, 2006

MENOPAUSE THE MUSICAL

It is a fact that some things simply have to be blogged about immediately; this is just such an instance.......

I am in Atlanta right now (David is traveling with his job, in Indy). I am visiting my friends Mark and Robert. They're always fabulous hosts. Mark threw a great little dinner party tonight. His German heritage made an appearance in the form of corned beef and cabbage and potatoes. Deeeee-lish. (His mom woulda been proud!)

After dinner the three of us went to see a show -- not just ANY show -- we saw Menopause the Musical (yes, you read that correctly). Oh.My.Gosh. Hysterical! I'm not exaggerating when I say that the muscles in my cheeks are still aching from overuse. I'm hoarse from boisterous laughter.

The four women who starred in the show were brilliant. The concept was clever. The music was funny.

The grand finale was the old Patti Labelle tune I've got a new attitude. They pulled all the women in the audience on to the stage to high kick with them. Naturally, my pride made me assume that they probably only wanted the, um, shall we say "mid-life" ladies to join them. Guess I was wrong. One of the cast members pulled me up on the stage too...front and center! I decided to laugh and sing and high kick with gusto. Hey, why not get a head start? I mean, it's inevitable...menopause will hit me some day, right? Guess it's never too early to start celebrating. :-)

The person on stage beside me grabbed my hand as we formed our amateurish attempt at a Rockettes line. As I glanced down at the Teva sandals and Bermuda shorts, then up at the closely cropped gray, spiky hairdo, I was JUST getting ready to ask, "Hey! How did YOU get up here?!" to this man who was obviously intruding on our female bonding moment. Luckily, I caught myself just as the words were forming in my mouth. It was then that I realized, "Hmmm. That's no man! That's a lesbian!" (quite a manly one at that!)

Never a dull moment....


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home