L's Lair

Thursday, September 14, 2006

CONTINUUM



Although I like to blog about what CDs are in my player at any given point, I don't normally presume to outright recommend music. I don't feel fully comfortable endorsing any particular CD -- or style of music for that matter!

Just because all of you guys are my friends, I realize that doesn't necessarily mean that you share my (sometimes) obscure and (often) schizophrenic taste in all things music. ;-)

Howeeeeeeevvver, I've gotta say -- RUN, don't walk, to buy the new John Mayer CD (Continuum). You won't regret it.

I've been a fan for years. LOVED his pop albums, really enjoyed his straight-ahead blues CD last year...heck, I even own a few obscure mp3 downloads from his live days in seedy venues in the ATL. I've gotta say, this maaaaaay just be my favorite project of his YET. It's a great blend of his pop AND blues stuff.

Smooth vocals. Intelligent lyrics. And that guitar playing??!!! I swear sometimes he's channeling Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Um, and did I mention he's kinda easy on the eyes, y'all? ;-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home