L's Lair

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WHAT I'M READING AND LISTENING TO


SECRET SOCIETY GIRL: AN IVY LEAGUE NOVEL
by Diana Peterfreund


This has been a quick and easy read--I'm almost finished. This is the author's first book and I've enjoyed it. A female, college co-ed (who is editor of her newspaper) is tapped into a secret society at her Ivy League school. I think this is intended to be the first book in a series. Although it's not a young adult book, something about it reminds me of something I might have read when I was younger.






THE OPEN DOOR
Evanescence


This CD was just released yesterday and I only purchased it today. I've listened to it several times already. Amazing. Amy Lee's voice is TO DIE FOR!! She's so intense...yet ethereal. The music is very ominous and gothic...yet sweepingly beautiful. VERY good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home