L's Lair

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

WHAT I'M READING AND LISTENING TO





POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
by Augusten Burroughs

Some of you may be familiar with this humorous author--he wrote the best seller Running With Scissors. His memoirs crack me up. I love his clever observations about everyday life.

Fun read. Very amusing.








JONNY LANG
Turn Around


I've adored Jonny Lang since he first hit the scene as a teen prodigy in the 90s. I've always been amazed that this white guy from North Dakota (and who, incidentally, looks like he should be one of the Hanson brothers...you know, of Mmmmbop fame? Don't act like you didn't used to sing along to that song!) oh, um, what was I saying? Oh yes. He sounds much more like an 80-year-old, black, blues man.

This CD is excellent. He's very up front about his faith on this project. Very. Sounds like he's hit a few bumps on his road to fame and (at age 25) was willing to write about his realizations.

We listened to it non-stop on our road trip this past weekend. Not tired of it yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home