L's Lair

Monday, November 13, 2006

MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME

David and I took a wonderful (and always much-needed!) escape this weekend. I won a door prize (a two-night stay at a nice hotel) at my office Christmas party last year. It was "use it or lose it" time so off we went! The Galt House is an amazing hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. Although the drive was quite long, we both decided it was worth it.

The drive alone was beautiful. The rolling landscape and beauty of the Bluegrass State wasn't lost on either of us. We enjoyed soaking up horse country on our drive to and from.

[Side note: As a child, I used to visit the state often. "My people" are originally from Kentucky. The charming area they called home rested somewhere between Booger Branch and Snot Creek. Nope. Not making it up, y'all. Do you honestly think I'm that clever?!]

Um, I'm sorry. What was I saying? Oh yeah...

We especially had fun Friday night. Got dolled up and hit the town! For the past three months, we've been seriously watching what we eat--that includes making fewer trips to the various troughs around town. Therefore, going to a restaurant was a major treat (although it used to be something we did almost nightly).


Grinnin' L, ready to hit the town
(Why yes, yes those are new red heels. Thanks for asking!)



Suave David, ready to wear his new "skinny" duds.
(Isn't he handsome?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home