L's Lair

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

*sniff* SO LONG, STARS HOLLOW

Please pass the tissue.

Sadly, last night marked the end of an era. I can't bear the thought BUT they actually aired the final episode of Gilmore Girls. This has consistently been one of my favorite shows from the beginning. I don't remember how I first happened upon this WB (CW) offering but I do know that, at first, I assumed that it was some fluffy, mindless, "teen" series.

I was wrong.

This show had some of theeeeee most clever, break-neck-speed dialogue on prime time TV. The characters were colorful and fun. I'll miss the quirkiness of this mythical Connecticut town. (Can't tell you how often the "Pollyanna" in me has wished that I lived there.)

I'll hate not being able to follow the entertaining exploits of the various odd characters...Paris, Sookie, Kirk, Lane, Miss Patty and Michele.

I'll even miss the love/hate relationship that I've had with the yuppie Logan Huntzberger! He's actually grown on me through the years.

I can't belieeeeeeve that I'll have to miss out on the deliciously uncomfortable Friday night dinners with the Gilmores . (In my opinion, the character of Emily Gilmore was the greatest on the show!)

It goes without saying that I'll miss Luke and Lorelai MOST of all. Let's face it, they belong together. Always have. Always will. We could see it all along. Why couldn't they?! THE END. :-[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home