L's Lair

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WORDS FAIL ME

I'm not enough of a wordsmith, philosopher, scholar or counselor to attempt a blog entry on the events of this week. Everything that I could type about the horrible occurrence at Virginia Tech would seem, quite simply, trite.

I've been like you this week...transfixed, yet repulsed, by all of the news coverage of the killings that took place on that beautiful, sleepy, college campus. The whole situation sickens me and makes my stomach churn.

Today, I came across a great article by a college professor (Dr. Tony Beam) at my alma mater. In an article entitled Can We Just Shut Up and Mourn? he said it beautifully . . .

"I was interviewed on a nationally syndicated radio program a few hours after the shooting. One of the questions I was asked was, 'Where was God in all of this?' My answer was simple... God was huddled in the hallways with frightened students as they waited to see if they would be next in the line of fire. God was riding with wounded students to the hospitals, comforting them as they fought for their lives. God was strengthening the hands of the surgeons and nurses who worked feverously over the wounded trying to save their lives. God was comforting the distraught parents who were receiving word that their son or daughter wouldn’t be coming home again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home