L's Lair

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

WHAT I'M READING AND LISTENING TO

Just got back from vacation. Not just any vacation -- a great vacation -- a 10th anniversary getaway!

I'll blog about the trip later. However, one of my favorite parts of not having to deal with the everyday routine was the fact that there was more time to read and listen to my favorite music.

Here's what I had with me on my trip . . .


Water For Elephants
by Sara Gruen

This novel came highly recommended. Have to admit, I had absolutely no idea what it was about. If you had told me its premise, I'm still not sure it's anything I would have been interested in reading.

I was very pleasantly surprised. Really, really enjoyed this book.

It takes place on a traveling circus train (circa 1932). The author does a beautiful job of painting a colorful picture of the myriad misfits that were drawn to that particular lifestyle.

(The book also featured a beautiful love story--always a bonus.)



Little Children
by Tom Perrotta

Haven't finished this book yet (started it while laying out on a beach in Mexico!) but so far, I'm enthralled. It was a New York Times Bestseller and a movie based on the book came out recently. I'll be sure to see it once I've finished the book!







Imogen Heap
Speak For Yourself

This has literally been one of my favorite CDs since it came out last year. I listen to it constantly! I adore this Brit's voice. She literally uses it like an instrument. It's mesmerizing and ethereal . . . yet bombastic and intense at the same time.

I guess you'd classify it as pop/techno? Not sure.

She's my hero. I'd LOVE to be able to emulate her vocals. *sigh* A singer can dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home