L's Lair

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OHMYGOSH Y'ALL! IT'S NOT FUNNY! I COULDA DIED!

Okay. Maybe my title's a bit melodramatic. But still!

I adore peanut butter. I literally eat it every day. But, oh no. I don't eat just any peanut butter. My sister turned me on to a heavenly product about a year ago called Naturally More. It's oh-so-much more than just peanut butter! It's natural peanut butter with honey, egg white and flax seed added to it! (Gagging yet?)

I promise. It may sound disgusting -- but it's not. It's deeeeeee-lightful. And yes, as you can imagine, these added ingredients definitely do jack up the cost substantially. The price tag on Naturally More is not for the faint of heart. But that's okay. We're fine with taking out a third mortgage to keep up with my daily peanut butter habit. Really we are.

I don't share my peanut butter with anyone. It's not the family jar of peanut butter. Nope. "Get your own!" I say.

I do keep a "reserve" jar of peanut butter in the pantry. You know, in case anyone gets a hankerin' for it. I can't say that the jar gets used all that often these days. I can't throw a pb&j at my two teenage boys and call it dinner (you know, the way I could when they were five). They seem to actually prefer meals that involve meat and salad, etc. these days.

The "back-up" peanut butter is Great Value brand. You realize what that means! It cost like 25 cents at Wal-Marks! (Gotta pinch pennies somewhere -- you know -- considering what I pay for my peanut butter.)

I was out of work for a couple of days last week . . . sick. As my tummy rumbled while I was on my death bed, um, er, uh, couch, I decided that only comfort food would do. I was craving a good old fashioned pb&j.

I broke into the "stand-by" jar of peanut butter to make my comfort sandwich. It satisfied my craving.

The next day, when I saw the news report (for the umpteenth time!) about the contaminated supply of peanut butter being recalled, I thought to myself, "Enough already. Why do they keep running that story? We're not idiots. We get it!"

Uhhhh -- I just checked my "cheap" peanut butter. Yep. You guessed it. Code 2111 right there on the lid!


The good news is that I escaped unscathed. Not so much as a burp! I willlll be getting my money back though. (I'll put it toward my Naturally More fund.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home