L's Lair

Friday, February 29, 2008

The New Mid-life


Today was one of those milestone birthdays for me. I suppose I should have approached it with fear and dread...but I didn't. I've actually really looked forward to it for some time.

Ironically, as I got dressed to hit the town and celebrate tonight, Oprah was on the TV in the background. The timing of her topic was impeccable. The show was "The Age of Miracles: The New Mid-life" and featured several different women who have embraced this era of their life.

The term "mid-life" used to sound daunting to me. It sounded, well, old!

Now...not so much.

As I crossed this threshold today, I realize how far I've come in the past decade. I have a few fine lines on my face that probably weren't there just 10 years ago. However, I also have knowledge and experience that I KNOW I didn't have at 30. In my book, that's worth some fine lines.

I'm looking forward to my 40s. I honestly am. I'm more comfortable in my skin than I've ever been and I don't feel the need to apologize for being me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home