L's Lair

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Why Didn't Someone TEEELLLLLL Me?!



I'm in Austin, Texas right now -- incredible city -- but that's not my point.

Ever watch Austin City Limits on Saturday nights? Yeah, me too. Hard to flip past it because they always feature the coolest artists.

Lo, these many decades, I've assumed that it was recorded on some beautiful hillside just outside the city, overlooking the beautiful state capitol building. I've always imagined that the gentle Texas winds were blowing through the musicians' hair as they performed for an earthy, bohemian crowd OUTDOORS.

You know what?! It's a sham! The whole thing is filmed in a studio on the campus of UT. The backrop is JUST that...a backdrop. I had no idea.

Thought you'd wanna know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home