L's Lair

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

'Mama Say, Mama Sa, Mama Mu Sa...'


Hard to believe, but today is the 25th anniversary of the release of Michael Jackson's Thriller. To this day, it's STILL the biggest selling album EVER. (104 million copies!)

It was the very first album (cassette tape, actually) that I was "allowed" to buy. I cherished it. I can still see the infamous poster on my wall now!

When the video for the song Thriller came out, I was obsessed. My sister and I tried not to miss it. MTV would run the 14-minute "mini-movie" twice an hour. There had never been anything like it.

I think we can all agree that Jacko has gone off the deep end through the years. There's still no denying that this legendary recording contained some excellent tunes though.

  • TRIVIA: Did you know that the song Thriller was originally titled Starlight? Somehow...it wouldn't have packed the same punch.

1 Comments:

  • Wow - you all must have been high class...a cassette; we only had it on album! Ha! Ha!

    By Blogger The Sparks, At 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home