L's Lair

Monday, February 11, 2008

Is it Me?! Or is Tina Turner a Freak of Nature?!

Yep! Last night was one of my favorite nights of the year. (Also known as THE GRAMMY'S!) Once again, they didn't disappoint. The hits just KEPT on coming!

Some of my favorite performances of the night? Here goes...

*Morris Day and The Time WITH Rihanna? Fabulous! Never woulda come up with that pairing. But it SO worked. ("OH-ee-OH-ee-OH" meets "Ella, ella, ella") Their performance took me back to 1984.

*The Beatles/Cirque du Soleil number was AWESOME! And did you seeeee that chick's arms? Aerialism has been very, very good to them!

*Loved, loved, LOVED Kanye's Tron-esque performance. VERY cool. And the tribute to his Mama? Ugh. Yes. I cried. He is so talented. And humble. Um, I mean, talented.

*Can I just say...Fergie-Ferg is incredible. She's more than proven that she's the real deal and I'd put her chops up against any of the other divas of the day. (She looked classy too. Didn't ya think?)

*Theeeeeeeen. THEN came the ultimate Proud Mary duet performance. Beyonce AND Tina Turner! Incredible. I don't know WHAT's in the water where Miss Turner lives but I'd PAY for a bottle of it. She looked amazing. Sixty-eight years old?! For REAL?

*The Foo Fighters ROCKED. Plain and simple. The Pretender is one of my favorite songs ANYway. But I thoroughly enjoyed the drama that the live orchestra added to the performance. Dave Grohl is SUCH a good front man. Don't you agree?

*Oh my. Aretha AND Bebe Winans?! Excellent. That whole gospelrama number brought the house down. They had CHURCH up in there!

*Well whadda ya know. Amy Winehouse DID actually get to perform. I was nervous that it wouldn't happen. Love her. Hope she can get her act together because I want to hear music from her for years to come.

*Josh Groban AND Andrea Bocelli on the same stage?! AND singing The Prayer? Wow. That was almost too much tenor beautifulness for me to behold. They sounded like angels. Manly angels. I propose they go on the road together.

All in all it was a great evening. Was worth staying up for.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home