L's Lair

Thursday, July 19, 2007

THE PASSING OF THE TORCH...OR THE STILETTOS, AS IT WERE


"If you love something...let it go..."

Warning for any of my male readers: Please know that you're welcome to go ahead & skip this blog. So as not to force you to roll your eyes in disgust at yet ANOTHER shoe post, I'll spare you.

My friend Julia and I share a love for pretty foot coverings! ;-) We recently went shoe shopping together in Philadelphia and did much damage. When I got back to my hotel room I lined up all EIGHT new pairs and stared at them lovingly. Julia purchased ALMOST as many as I did...don't know what she did with hers (but I suspect she may have piled them in her bed and slept with them).

She has had her eye on a particular pair of my shoes for a couple of years now. She calls them "her" shoes.

They're cute but they just don't agree with my feet. No matter what I've tried they just refuse to stay on! I feel like Daisy Duck, flapping down the halls of my office. I even stuffed toilet paper in the toes this morning!!! (Class. Puuuuuuuuure class!)
Well, this afternoon I had had eeeeeeenough! I marched down to her office and proceeded with the ceremonial handing over of the high heels. She squealed with glee and clapped like a little girl.

I'm happy they're going to a good home. She promised me visitation rights.
I appreciate the thoughtful picture (above) that she took the time to take for me.

1 Comments:

  • Love those shoes...I know it was hard to see them go...but you have 8 new additions to help with the pain! Enjoy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home