L's Lair

Saturday, July 14, 2007

OH, THE IRONY...

To be honest, I'll splurge on many things but a professional manicure is usually not on my list of luxuries. I've always had decent nails that are strong and low maintenance. It's like they have their own internal supply of fertilizer or something.

That is...until recently. :-(

For some reason, I've been having a tough time with breaking, peeling and chipping nails. In the big scheme of things (and considering there are larger issues...like world hunger!) it's not really been that big of a deal. Just a little annoying.

I decided to take matters into my own hands (*har-har*) so today I purchased a kit to strengthen nails that are brittle and chipping. The side of the package promised nails that were, uh, "tough as nails" in NO time.

Perfect!

When I got home tonight, I excitedly tore into the kit. I was ready to slather on the various coats of armor.

However, some packaging designer who works for a nail company that shall remain NAMELESS (but it rhymes with Hally Sansen!) was a bit of an overachiever. Why must it BEEEEE so difficult to get into that crazy packaging?! The products are RIGHT THERE...safely ensconced in their hard, plastic prison. I seeeeee them. So why can't I get to them? WHY?! Oh why?!!!

You guessed it. As I impatiently ripped into the package...I broke a nail.

Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home