L's Lair

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thank goodness this is only every four years!

Help! I need rest...NOW! :-(

The Olympics have single-handedly destroyed my sleep patterns.

My passion for the summer games started back in 1984. That was the magical year of the gold medal winning men's gymnastics team. I was still a teenager who had pictures from Teen Bop and Tiger Beat on my walls, so it stands to reason that I would be smitten with the handsome fellas from that particular team.

Mitch Gaylord was BY FAR my fav (don't judge me!) -- so much so that I actually took pictures of him on the television screen! For real! I still have them in my scrapbook.

My sister and I stayed up faithfully each night during the '84 Olympics because we didn't want to miss a single flip, jump, vault or Iron Cross. Good times.

I got to spend some time with my sister last week. One of my favorite parts of the week was settling in each evening to view the Olympics.

The main difference? It was Michael Phelps instead of Mitch Gaylord this time. I didn't take a single photo of the tv screen. Guess I've grown up...

1 Comments:

  • i'm with ya sister! i am struggling. thank god for closing ceremonies!!

    love your guts!!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home