L's Lair

Friday, June 27, 2008

You can PRETTY MUCH set your watch by it

I'm lucky enough to have a job that uses flexible hours during the summer months. It is possible to get all of your hours in during four days and THEN have Friday off. Isn't that GREAT?! (I think more businesses should do this. Except, of course, the places where I SHOP on my Fridays off. I very much want THEM to stay open!)

I have a schedule on these days of leisure. I rarely veer from it. It goes something like this:

* Wake up early...because I'm excited that I have the day off and I can't sleep in.

* Hit the gym...because it eases a little guilt from the days that I DIDN'T hit the gym prior to that.

* Go to Target...and praaaaay that I don't run into anyone I know who will have to see me sweaty and with no make-up. It's a chance I'm willing to take.

* Go to Library...because, duuuuhhhh, that's where they keep the BOOKS! I usually check out waaaay too many 14-day books and get a condescending look from the librarian that says, "I'm sooooo sure that you're going to read alllllll of these in two weeks."

* Eat a grilled chicken salad...Zaxby's is my fav!

* Wash down grilled chicken salad with cookies...to get taste of grilled chicken salad out of my mouth.

* Take a brief nap...because, have you NOT been paying attention? I just had an exasperating morning!!!!

* Fold a load of clothes...to make myself feel (if only for a brief fleeting moment) like I'm very domestic.

* Get myself presentable for a fun Friday night...I love having a date with my hubby!

That's about it. Pretty relaxing, huh? Sometimes I get WILD and throw in a bubble bath or hair appointment. :-]

Regardless, it's my mini-vacation each week and I sooooo look forward to it! I realize that I'm VERY lucky to have this day of me time.

1 Comments:

  • I could NOT love you more!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home