L's Lair

Sunday, June 29, 2008

To infinity and beyoooooond!!!

I love my home. It's my haven. It's where I feel safe, comfortable and accepted. However, like most people, I'm not allowed to just "hang out" indefinitely. I can't hide out here forever.

The majority of my waking hours are spent at work and church. These both play very important roles in my life. You might even say they define me. It's not unusual for someone to ask, "So...where do YOU work?" or..."And where do YOU go to church?" They're both SUCH a big part of who I am and are what get me out of the bed in the mornings. They're what FORCE me to leave this haven each day. ;-]

Ironically, I'm feeling a bit of a shake up in BOTH of those vital areas of my life. I find it interesting that both "change-ups" are occurring simultaneously. You know what I think? It's absolutely nooooo mistake -- THAT'S what I think! It's forcing me to dig deep. It gives me that sensation that you get juuuuuuuust as a roller coaster is pulling away from the gate and slowly gaining speed. You realize that you're commited and there's no turning back now.

I want to be a part of something HUGE. I want to be a part of something that folks are talkin' about. I want to be a part of something bigger than myself and something that will last LONG after I'm gone.

Right now, I'm drawn to these particular verses in the Bible
(II Corinthians 4:16-18 - The Message) :
"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever."

I want to be a part of the things I CAN'T SEE. The prayer that I seem to be looping constantly in my head lately is, "Lord, help me see the big picture."

1 Comments:

  • I too am a student. I am reading more than I ever have. So much to learn about the past and future of the Big Picture. Nice Segment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home